主持人介绍PEI-JEN CHEN (陈佩贞)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), 2001-2005, Integrated Toxicology and Environmental Health Program (ITEHP) (Former Integrated Toxicology Program, ITP); Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA.
- Master of Science (M.S.), 1997-1999, Graduate Institute of Environmental Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), 1993-1997, Department of Agriculture Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATIONTeaching
Areas of competence include environmental toxicology (ecotoxicology), aquatic toxicology, environmental chemistry, water chemistry, environmental biotechnology application, laboratory of water chemistry and aquatic toxicology. Other teaching interests include soil chemistry laboratory, fundaments of water and wastewater treatment processes and UV technology.
Research focuses on ecotoxicology investigation of emerging pollutants, endocrine disruptors, and nanoparticles in the aquatic environment. Specifically, environmental fate and modes of toxic action of xenoestrogens, conazole fungicides, technology critical elements and metallic nanoparticles, developments of novel biomarker assays using medaka fish (Oryzias latipes) for emerging micro-pollutants and application of molecular and genomic biotechnology in toxicology. Other experience includes application of UV and UV/oxidation remediation technology, in situ biomonitoring, cell culture techniques, fish biology and comparative toxicology.
- Professor, 2018-present, Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University.
- Associate Professor, 2013-2018, Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University.
- Visiting Scholar, 2017 June-2017 Sept, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA.
- Assistant Professor, 2008-2013, Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, 2006-2007, U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory (NHEERL), Environmental Carcinogenesis Division, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA.
- Graduate Research Assistant, 2002-2005, Molecular Aquatic Toxicology Laboratory, Nicolas School of Environment and Earth Science, Duke University.
- Graduate Research Assistant, 2004-2005, UV Technology Laboratory, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA.
- Teaching Assistant, 2005, Pratt School of the Engineering, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA. Courses: 1) Introduction to Environmental Engineering and Science. 2) Chemistry and Microbiology for Environmental Engineers (Undergraduate courses).
- Visiting Researcher, June-July, 2003, Aquatic Ecotoxicology Laboratory, Department of Environmental Sciences, UC-Riverside.
- Full-Time Teaching Assistant, 2000-2001, Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University. Courses: 1) Introduction of Chemistry 2) Introduction of Chemistry Lab (Undergraduate Courses).
- Full-Time Research Assistant, 1999-2000, Institute of Environmental Engineering, National Chiao-Tung University, Hsin-Chu, Taiwan.